Service and job specific context statement:Senior Building Surveyor
Business Unit: Align Property Partners
Post title: Senior Building Surveyor
Responsible to: Building Surveying Business Unit Lead
Staff managed: None
Date of issue: 05 September 2018
Service: Building Surveying
Provides a variety of services including those relating to building pathology,design, project management, building surveys, property management andcontract administration.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work as a member of the Building Surveying team within the multidiscipline organisation.
- Competent delivery of all contractual and technical aspects of projects with minimum supervision including the delegation and management of junior team members
- Supporting the senior managers in the day-to-day running of the business
- Maintenance of Commercial and Quality Control Procedures for projects under your control
- Working across a number of projects in different sectors and being able toprovide a range of building surveying duties
- The use and application of standard forms of building contract, such as JCT/NEC
- Mentoring and training the junior Building Surveyors under your
- supervision and an active participation in the APC programme
- Developing business with new and existing clients across the Yorkshire region and beyond
- Produce plan, section and detail drawings for construction using AutoCAD.
- Produce schedules of work and specifications using NBS software and other documentation.
- Coordinate deliverables and work collaboratively with other disciplines including Architects, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Structural Engineers, Quantity Surveyors and CDM Advisors.
- Visit sites to attend meetings, carry out inspections and surveys when required.
- Maintain a car, relevant insurance and a full driving licence.
- Chair, document and issue formal meeting notes for multi-discipline, Client and contractor meetings as and when required.
- Be committed to maintaining an annual programme of ContinuingProfessional Development (CPD).
- Taking ownership of duties and responsibilities within the team.
- Complete work to defined business processes, standards and timeframes.
- Carry out Building Surveys and write Building Survey reports and Schedules of Condition
Essential on Appointment
- RICS accredited Building Surveying degree.
- Member of the RICS with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
- Competent delivery of all contractual and technical aspects of projects with minimum supervision
- Mentoring and training junior Building Surveyors and an active participation in the APC programme
- Support the senior managers in the day-to-day running of the business
- Has experience of, and is competent to work on buildings that contain asbestos.
- Good AutoCad skills
- Appreciates complex situations and obtains assistance from others to complete tasks when required.
- Has the experience of breaking down actions to achieve an overall goal.
- Has experience using standard forms of building contract, such as JCT/NEC
- Provide technical and design guidance to less experienced Building Surveying personnel.
- Experience of working closely with other disciplines to produce co-ordinated deliverables within a multi-discipline environment.
Technical Skills and Ability
- The preparation of building and condition survey reports.
- The preparation of feasibility studies.
- Ability to produce plans, sections and detailed drawings,specifications, schedules of works and other documents to high standards in conjunction with internal and external design disciplines.
- Proficiency with the use of the Microsoft Office Suite, AutodeskAutoCAD and NBS software.
- Contract administration of construction contracts.
- Provide advice on Health and Safety issues throughout the>design and construction period of projects, taking into account the Construction Design and Management Regulations.
- The preparation of applications for statutory approval including Planning and Building Control applications. Advises on property legislation and building regulations.
- Provide advice on building related matters including fire safety,sustainability, conservation and restoration.
- The negotiation of dilapidations relating to building leases.
- Provide advice on Party Wall matters.
- Sound technical surveying knowledge
- Experience managing clients and their expectations coupled with a strong understanding of profitability
- Good sound knowledge of drafting technical documents including bids
Desirable on Appointment
- BIM software experience.
- P405 working with asbestos
- Project Management qualification
- Adhere to defined business and discipline processes, standardsand deadlines.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
- The ability to effectively communicate with colleagues and represent the company during Client meetings
- Good analytical and problem solving ability.
- A keen eye for detail and a careful and accurate approach.
- Are self-motivated and pro-active and demonstrate ability to see projects through from feasibility to completion.
- Ability to be resourceful whilst working both independently andas part of a high-performing team.
- Competence to take initiative, ownership and responsibility.
- Being able to manage and prioritise own workload to suit project demands.
- Developing business with new and existing clients across theNorth Yorkshire, Cumbria regions and beyond<
- A full UK driving license
- Have good client facing skills
- Have good commercial skills and awareness<
- Competent in the delivery of projects to Client time and quality expectations
For more information please contact our Business Support Officer on: 01609 797394